Over the past two-years, Hull FC Community Foundation have successfully delivered the Holiday Activities & Food Programme throughout Hull and the East Riding.
The HAF Programme consists of face-to-face delivery and take places over Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays.
As a result of the HAF programme, we want children who attend this provision to:
· Eat more healthy over the school holidays
· Be more active during the school holidays
· Be safe and not to be socially isolated
· Have a greater knowledge of health and nutrition
We also want to ensure that families who participate in this programme:
· Develop their understanding of nutrition and food budgeting
· Are signposted towards other information and support, for example, health, employment and education
The initiative is funded by the Department for Education (DfE), and coordinated by Hull City Council and East Riding Council, to give children, young people and families access to support and safe activity.
The Healthy Holiday programme is available to all children, families and young people, with activities ranging from rugby league to dance clubs to inclusion sports. Children who are in receipt of free school meals will also be eligible for the free meal offer.